Friday 8 July 2016

Beans



After heavy overnight rain, once again many parts of my garden were standing in water I did manage to pick a few broad beans for my dinner tomorrow.
 The photos show my beans also how my tomatoes are getting on and where I have put my shallots to dry. I was fortunate as I listened to the weather forecast and it suggested that there may be rain, heavy in places so I moved them from outside to inside. To be honest they are on the small side and everything is late this year. Shallots should be lifted on the longest day of the year, give or take a week but I decided to lift mine up a couple of days ago because I was concerned just hoe wet the ground was.
  Last year I had a few tomatoes ready by this time and by the way they look it will be about 2 weeks before they ripen. Still they look O.K. mind you they are inside so they have the best chance of success.
 I have done well with cauliflowers but of course they were grown in the polytunnel. My potatoes grown there have been disappointing, not much taste and almost impossible to scrape. I will have used them all within 2 weeks so will find out how the outdoor potatoes have done. More soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment