Thursday 19 January 2017

A little more




These photos with the medal, cap badge and button were put in a bag for sale but nobody seemed to want them although the price was ridiculous. I didn't know at the time but the War medal itself is worth over £20 minimum.
 A lot of youngsters would never have seen Bryant and May Scottish Bluebell matches as one can see they are unused and the price was 3d which makes them prior to 1971 which was I think decimalisation. The other set are priced 3p Three Torches and are as one can see unused. The radio Times is even older but it is a poor state but it is dated 1949. The Calendar was sent to me in December 1972 from a Garage where I bought my first new vehicle. It was a Van. While I kept the calendar is that the photo of the vintage car was one of 6. I always hoped to find someone who would be able to make them into place mats. Unfortunately for me I am hopeless at taking photos. I often wish my American friend was close at hand. I am sure he would advise me to leave things alone and he would take the photos without any problem at all.
 Today has been a most dreadful day regarding brightness. It has been dark all day and I have managed to produce ZERO solar power. Mind you, the experts tell you that even on the dullest of days one will produce some electricity. I have proved them wrong on more than one occasion. Still it can only get better. More soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment