Tuesday 3 January 2017

2017

Another year has gone by and this year I will be 80 if I live long enough.
 Not a lot has happened since I last wrote my blog. I had words with my Sister over Christmas and New Year, the lad came to see me on Christmas Day, mainly to open his christmas presents. I bought him a set of headphones and a small model car. I originally gave him an old set of headphones that i had since the early 80s. They were just like the headphones that are used in noisy places, he liked them so much but he lent them to one of his mates only to find when he got them back they were not as good as they were. The only thing I made him promise was that he would never lend these out which he promised.
 The lad called in yesterday to show me a model car also told me that the headphones were good and he would use them on the bus to work in the mornings. He can't stand the chatter of the schoolchildren on the morning bus.
 My mate rung me up on New Years Day and we passed pleasantries. I asked him if he had made any mince pies for his Partner, he told me he had and that the mincemeat was suitable for vegetarians so at least she could eat them without worrying if the ingredients were suitable. He then told me that a lot of food now has a V on which indicates that it is suitable for vegetarians. I asked him if he had finished his sitting room, he told me he had but wanted some curtain poles so that he could put some heavy duty curtains up. He then said he had found a firm on Ebay so let us hope that all is well.
 As mentioned earlier I had my driveway powerwashed for the first and last time but noticed that there was no sadnd in the joints. I went Online and took notice of  forums and priced some kiln dried sand. The cheapest being fro Homebase. I then sent an e-mail to my mate asking him, if he could pick up a few bags for me. Naturally he is with it, I certainly am not. He told me that the nearest Homebase was at Spalding but he would call at the local Builders Merchants and see what they have. I noticed before I write this that he has been and ordered the sand and it should be delivered today so that is quick, especially as I had told him there is no rush as the driveway must be very dry. I will obviously store them in my garage until the warmer drier weather arrives.
 Finally for those who read this blog may I wish them a Happy and Prosperous New Year with no Health problems at all. More soon.

1 comment:

  1. Here's to another year of reading and very much enjoying your posts. I am only 9 years behind you in age so your posts are like hearing from an old friend. Keep it up please, I am always here even if I don't comment.

    ReplyDelete