Tuesday 24 January 2017

Sand


With the weather being dry but cold I decided to brush the sand together with a little salt into the grooves on my block paving driveway. I did this yesterday and I was worn out which didn't surprise me at all. Today I have just checked and I think I have done a reasonable job.
 I went Online and checked about a sealant but all who was on the forum I visited commented that it was a waste of money. Ond Guy suggested that he had sprinkled salt and so far had no weeds at all. So what I did I mixed a total of 4 kilos of salt with about 800 kilos of sand. Now I will wait to see if it works.
 I have just had a phone call from the Surgery. This morning I put my repeat prescription in. I wrote a little note thanking them for issuing me with 2 months of medication of the Christmas period. The Lady who was checking the prescriptions and noticed my little note. She told me it had made her day for most don't even say thank you. She then told me that if I went on Holiday and needed extra medication just let them know. I thought it was nice of her to contact me and told her so.
 Now back to School. As I said at 11 we had to go to school with a uniform which included short trousers. I don't suppose those in charge of uniforms realised that the initiation test was to push all of us 1st year juniors at the first break into a ditch which had a few nettles. Naturally we lads got stung but the next year we joined in with the new intake.
 My first love in sport was cricket but as we were so poor my Mother couldn't afford whiter cricket flannels so I was umpire until the last year of school. A lad told me that I could have a pair of white cricket flannels for 10/- 50p in new money.
 Another thing we had was swimming lessons at the open air pool for all to use. Mind you it cost you money to go but naturally at school it was free. Swimming commenced after Whitsun which fell 6 weeks after Easter. Now it is the last Monday in May but then if Easter fell in middle of March then we would go to swimming in early May. More than once the water temperature was in the 50s fahrenheit. Some of the lads would try to get out of swimming lessons by saying they had forgotten their swimming trunks. The Teacher was wise to this and had the answer  by making the forgetful lads to use their P.T. shorts instead. The swimming lessons finished at the Summer Holidays break. Motre soon

No comments:

Post a Comment