Tuesday 20 December 2016

Festive Season

This morning I went to the Post office to get some money and pay some out all in one go. I paid most of my Pension on my credit card payment. It is ideal for me because I have a post office credit card and I can pay by cash or cheque at my local Post Office. After collecting the rest of my money I went to the Co-op in Mablethorpe to get some milk, enough to see me through Christmas and into the New year. I do also have some long life skimmed milk so I will be alright if the weather turns nasty.
 I went to call on the warehouse to see a colleague who is retiring at Christmas, I managed to catch him in and asked him if he would like my telephone number so that he could call me if he wished us to meet and have a coffee sometime. He welcomed that and took my number. I then went round and noticed a nice cauliflower amongst other vegetables. I took a cauliflower, a savoy cabbage some carrots and a few brussel sprouts. So now I will have enough vegetables to see me over the festive period.
 I got back home and decided to have bacon, sausage and some of my tomatoes for my dinner. I don't know if I will be eating any tomatoes into the New Year but I will definitely be close to that. As in other years I try to be able to eat my home grown tomatoes into the next year. This is also the fact I try to eat my runner beans into November which I have had 4 of the last 5 years.
 I was just about to take up my dinner which I was grilling when the phone rang. It was Sky. It is several months since I cancelled my contract with them because of the lack of support from their back up team. Namely the Service Engineer, I had a service contract but he wasn't really bothered. He told me that I had trouble with my Sky Box but was it working alright. I told him I didn't use it as I had no need to do so. I told him that football didn't interest me and the only thing I would miss was Rugby League which didn't start until around March next year. He then asked me if the price was too high, I told him it was too high for what I wanted to watch. He then offered me a deal. IT was a New Box and a Free Years subscription to the basic access to Sky. I think he said it was a saving of around £37 a month but as I never watch most on the family package it was no use to me. I told him I wished to have at least 6 months free of Sky and as I was interested in Rugby League it was no use to me. He then told me he understood and would probably contact me again in the  Spring. We will wait and see. To be honest the only thing I miss is I have no way to record anything at all so I can't select what I will want to see and what I wish to record. Still it is saving me around £50 a month so I just think that it is well worth going without the record system for when you cancel Sky the Sky Box does not work only with the selection of programmes, most are scrambled but those on Freeview are free on Sky including the main BBC and ITV channels.
Whether I write another blog before Christmas is doubtful so may I take this opportunity to thank those who have read this blog and wish all A happy Christmas and a successful New Year. Not forgetting a Healthy New year too. More soonish!!

No comments:

Post a Comment