Thursday 1 December 2016

Bank etc.

I went to the Bank on  Monday to pay in a cheque for my Solar, I had it planned to then go to the local Warehouse to get a Cauliflower especially for my mate who was visiting me on Wednesday. Of course the best laid plans don't always to go to plan. Unfortunately for me they had sold out of cauliflowers.
 I went to the bank around 1.30.pm. expecting to be able to get served almost immediately but no such joy. The place was nearly full and since the reorganisation there are only 2 windows open for business, however I was fortunate for as I walked in a couple who had been to see the Manager walked out. As the Manager could see the queue waiting she started to ask the first if she could help, with a negative response she gradually worked her way to me. As I told her I was paying cash and cheque in my account she immediately ushered me in to her small office. She asked me if I had my card, I told her I never carried it on me and then mentioned that an employee who I hadn't seen for ages was one of the 2 tellers. I told the Manager I was going to pull her leg suggesting that I thought she had won the lottery and retired, laughing the Manger told me as things were hectic she probably wished she had won the lottery. She soon conducted the transaction then looked at me and told me that I could now get back to work. As is my norm, during the Winter months I generally wear overalls she naturally though I was doing some work. I looked at her and just said."At my time of life?  She just smiled and I left.
 Yesterday my mate eventually arrived, I had some Maggi soups for him but suggested that his Partner would not be having any because she is funny what she will eat. Mind you he later told me that she had asked him if he was making any mince pies, earlier he told me he had a jar of Morrison's
mincemeat from last year. I immediately mentioned to hm that mincemeat has suet in and that is from an animal so perhaps she will have a taste of some of the 7 different varieties of soup.
 It was nice to see him without having any jobs for him to do, he certainly has enough work on his home, it will certainly be a cracking home when it completed.
 Later in the afternoon the lad from next door came to see me, mainly to tell me he hadn't been to work as he had his flu jab. Naturally I asked him if it had hurt him and he told me it had. He will not be going to work tomorrow and told me that he was going to visit his Family in Lincoln on Saturday so he will not see me until next week.
 I caught him getting off the bus today and gave him a couple of warm mince pies. He asked me how I got on at my Sisters in Grantham, I told him I had spent well over £100 on food and filling up with petrol. At ASDA the pump price was £1.09.7 here it is anything from 1.13p upwards so I was well pleased with the cost.
 I am worn out so will have a rest soon. More soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment