Tuesday 29 November 2016

Gasman

As I said last week I had a telephone call from british gas informing me that the Engineer would be here A.M. on Tuesday, as the time approached 11.45.am. I began to worry but then the phone rang. It was the engineer stating he was in louth some 20 miles away and would be with me in about 30 minutes.
  he duly arrived some 30 or so minutes later and i told him I was beginning to wonder if the call had been genuine as the Man on the phone informed me that the Engineer would be here A.M. The Engineer told me that A.M. means to british Gas until 1.00. pm.  Also his name was not quite the same as the guy on the phone had told me. Remember I did say he was not English and his speech was not so good.
 I must say this, my Sister rung up yesterday and mentioned the guy from British Gas had rung me up but I did have some difficulty understanding him. She immediately told me that her Husband will not speak to anyone who is not english stating he can't understand them and offers the phone to my Sister. I told her I could understand but as I lived alone I had no alternative than to try to understand.
 Anyway the engineer arrived just as I was about to have my dinner, I told him that I would go in the t.V. room and leave him to it. Before I went he told me he would have to go in the loft I told him there was a ladder but my steps were in the garage, he told me not to worry as he had some steps in his large van.
 I had my dinner and he was working merrily away, he told me he had made a bung and it had worked so he didn't have to drain the system at all. Although it was what I call expensive he did tell me that I was given a good deal as the normal charge was just over £350. When he was done he asked me if I had a Carbon Monoxide monitor fitted I told him I had and pointed to it and I told him it was just over a year old and I think it lasted 5 years. He checked it and told me it was guaranteed to last longer than that so I was satisfied especially as it was fitted free with last years Service with Calor.
 He did his paper work, used my toinet as ALL who seem to call here wish to use, then gave me the copy and left soon after. I guess it was a little after 1.30.p.m. More soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment