Wednesday 9 November 2016

Yesterday

yesterday it was a little icy firt thing but turned out to be a sunny morning only to cloud up later in the day.
 As the Lad from next door asked me to help him only to tell me that in the morning he had a visitor and that we could do a little in the afternoon I decided to go to get my Pension and do my shopping.
 On my way to get my money, I noticed the first casualty of the Winter period, a car being in the ditch on the main A52.
 I was careful how I drove and went to the refurbished Post office to get my money, to be honest I was not that impressed as it was the same size and the waiting times I presume will only get longer.
 I went to get my shopping done and got back home. As I had managed to do all reasonably quickly I then decided to have my hair cut, so off I went to Alford, of course I forgot it was Market day and Auction Day too, it is this what brings in the crowds so I hd difficulty in parking.
 Off I went to the Barbers and sat to wait for my turn which was not long in coming. Another Man walked in and immediately informed me that he had only come in to stop him from bidding at the Auction as he was a compulsive buyer. He then said the Auctioneer asked him if he wanted several boxes for a £. I could well believe this for as I was walking to the Barbers I passed by where they were auctioning off lotts and I heard the Auctioneer say this. " Who will give me £3 with no offers he dropped it to £2 then to a £ but by then I had turned the corner so didn't know if he got any bids at all or even know what was for auction.
 I got back home around 11.25.am. so prepared my dinner, just as well necause I had no sooner finished when the door bell rang, it was the lad. As I was washing my dishes he asked me what I had for dinner as he had just had his.
 Off we went round to his place, I think I told you prior he had asked me if I would help him with his bit of garden.
 When we got round he wanted to take all up but I disappointed him by saying that the leeks were in good order, well about a dozen of them anyway but the brussel plants were not good, also the runner bean plants were done so I dug them up, he had bought a garden fork and a hoe, I asked him to get a rake.  To be honest it was me that did all the digging, he used the hoe to move the weeds. Eventually I took the rake and showed him what he had done or not done as he had left all the weeds in and when I ran the rake over I showed him what to do with the weeds. He filled his compost bin but he was much happier when I had tidied up his garden. I then dug over a piece near the hedge and told him that this would be ideal for a few runner and broad beans next year.
 He showed me the greenhouse which he had completely emptied and made it ready for some more fresh soil.
 by the time I left it was getting dark, mind you just as well we did this work yesterday for today it has not stopped raining and beside that it is cold too. Needless to say my garden is waterlogged once more and to make matters worse the weathermen keep saying it has been a dry season. They want to come to the |East Coast and see for themselves. More soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment