Friday 11 November 2016

Surestop

I had a phone call early yesterday, it was from the plumber who is fitting the surestop system. He asked me if he could call in the afternoon, of course I said yes. Mind you he had to repeat his question several times as I didn't understand him at all. To be honest i thought it was someone talking a foreign language. It was not until he spoke slowly that I got the message. I wonder if I am getting like my late mother, she used to tell me she hated answering the phone, I certainly don't like the phone to ring.
 He rang up again in the afternoon saying he would be here in about 20 minutes as he was leaving Spilsby. It was nice to see him again but he was rather untidy, not with the plumbing side but on making a mess  and he was asking me if I had several things, such as an old towel, a light which I had a lantern battery also he used paper towels like they are going out of fashion. He went to his Van and told me it was a mess, he certainly wasn't talking rubbish but on the plumbing side I could not fault his work. I asked him if he fitted many of them and he replied that he had to fit 3 of them tomorrow. I told him that I had never heard of them until British Gas had left me a leaflet and wondered why they are not fitted to new properties as a standard fitting. He did say that some Council Houses fit them.
 Of course he left the doors wide open and with my heating being on it was wasting my money.
 The lad who was getting off the bus came and I suggested he come back when he had changed which he did about 20 minutes later. He had a good look at what the plumber was doing then asked me if he could go on the computer. I naturally said yes. He wanted to  show me what he was getting for Christmas, it was an I Pad. Of course I didn't understand much of what he was telling me but he did say that when he gets it he will show mw.
 I kept popping out to see how the plumber was getting on and he told me all was going well. The lad soon after left to go back home and the plumber tested the new surestop then he ran the cold tap water for several minutes stating me was flushing out the flux. He used that because he was doing the fittings the old way flux and solder. He made a good job of it.
 I guess it took him well over an hour to complete the job. He insisted that I try the system out and of course he checked to see all the cold water taps worked. They did. More soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment