Thursday 24 November 2016

Gas

Yesterday afternoon I had a call from British Gas informing me that they had received my acceptance for the filter and if it was agreeable they would arrange for an engineer to call next Tuesday. I agreed but in all honesty I did have difficulty in understanding the guy as he was not born in this Country. Also I am going deaf amongst other failings but eventually I got the drift. He told me that the engineer would be calling in the morning and that the operation would take less than 2 hours. So at least that is now settled. Mind you he asked me to pay but told me that it would not be deducted until the work was done. Naturally I paid by credit card. It has certainly come in handy since I have had it.
 I have had communication problems with my Internet Security, the one which was installed by the Man who sold me the computer and set everything up.
 It was a cracking system but getting hold of anyone was more or less impossible. All they kept sending as replies were ticket numbers. This was unacceptable to me and as I had paid up front with no confirmation and I had a few days left I went Online to see what was available. The best according to the scores was a Company called Bullguard. I went and checked it seemed alright so I downloaded
the Antivirus on a 14 day trial. Up popped an offer a few days later offering me a years subscription with Antivirus and Internet security for a greatly reduced price so I investigated it further. It offered a further years protection for another £9. This meant I would be paying just 25 pence a week so I decided to go for that.
 I had been on their site and it is based here in England where my last one was based in Romania. I was invited to chat and after a few minutes told her I would proceed, this was a few days ago with the free trial.
 I went to their site and decided to buy the better security and paid for 2 years protection. It started to download but informed me that first it had to uninstall a programme(it was the free trial) and that I would have to restart the computer so that is what happened.
 When I came to install the programme I found i could not download it so I went to their chat line. I must admit I had to wait about 10 minutes for a lass to answer me but a message told me that there would be someone to talk with soon. I typed in my problem, told them I had uninstalled my old Security  and waited. The reply was short and sweet. The lass had given me a website that I should visit  and that would be that.
 Sure enough I went on the site and it asked me for a password, as I didn't have one I had to ask for a password this took me about 10 minutes to get another password and as soon as I inserted my password the installation began. I guess it took another 10 minutes or so and informed me that I must restart the computer to make sure that the firewall was working. This I did and I checked to see that firewall is on. As I don't use the computer an awful lot I hope this is sufficient for me. By the way it does provide cover for up to 3 computers. More soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment