Thursday 17 November 2016

Calor

Last Friday I ran out of half of gas so I rang Calor up to order a couple of bottles. I generally pull her leg but this time informed her that as the delivery would be here on Monday I might miss the driver as I had an appointment at the dental Surgery. I told her I would pay by direct debit but not to debit it straight away until I transferred enough cash to my account.
 I then told her I was a little concerned as Calor had decided to cease Calor Serve and as they had recently upgraded and refurbished their place I wondered if it was next to close.
 She told me that only one man had left and he was the engineer and that there was going to be no repairs and installations. I thanked her and she confirmed the delivery would be on Monday.
 Luckily enough I was home when the delivery man called, I could hear him taking the empty bottles away and fixing the full ones. I went out and we had a few words, I first said it was very mild but Saturday had been dreadful as we had well over an inch of rain. He told me he was worried on Saturday as he was one of the organisers for Remembrance Sunday but Sunday turned out to be great so all went off well.
 I then mentioned that Calor had decided to withdraw their Calor Serve. He confirmed that all they were doing now was selling Calor Gas and no installations or repairs was available. He told me that the engineer had left and also another female had been made redundant. He told me that she would be leaving just before Christmas. What a shocking Christmas present. More soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment