Thursday 15 December 2016

Fuel



When I came back from having my haircut I decided to have my block paving cleaned and I must admit it does look a lot better. Different to the weather as it is dull and dark for most of the day.
This morning I ran out of LPG so I called Calor, the regular Lady answered the phone after wishing her Seasonal Greetings I told her I had a Christmas present from Calor, namely a letter informing of a price increase. It surprised me for she knew nothing about it but as she went on I wasn't at all surprised. She told me that 3 female workers had notification that 2 were being made redundant and one was going to be offered part time and that she was one of those who was finishing at Christmas. She added that Boston depot had been closed completely  and that they seemed to be consolidating.
I then reminded her that I had intimated to her that this might happen as they had refurbished all and it seemed to be the way, spend lots on refurbishing then watch out. It took me a little by surprise by what she said next. She told me that she took note of my comments and immediately started to apply for other jobs but so far she had had no joy, but she was still trying. I told her I would get to know the latest when the delivery man came tomorrow. She told me that if one wished to know anything just ask a delivery man or the Postman as they seem to know everything. I readily agreed with her and we had a few more minutes talk then I wished her well with the job applications and bade farewell. 
So tomorrow I will get to know the latest about the direction Calor is going. More soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment