Thursday 8 December 2016

Wrong

Yesterday I had everything organised, first to get my 3 monthly blood test but when I went to double check the time, incidentally I don't think I have ever done before. I noticed that the day was Friday. I even got mt magnifying glass to double check. It was there in black and white on my appointment card. Friday  9th. December but I managed to get the time correct.
 Anyway I decided to go to get some money from the Post office and also get my T.V book for the week also getting a double weeks holiday T.V. programme. So off I went to the Post Office.
 I arrived and went straight to the card selection, there were so many to chose from but there was a fellow looking like me and we seemed to walk to each department so I asked him if he was like me struggling to find what we both were looking for. He told me he wanted a Christmas card without any Christmas message as it was for a Jehovah's Witness, with that the Proprietor came round and gave a lady just what she had been looking for after satisfying the lady he asked me if he could help. I said I didn't suppose they had a 2 in one card as it was for an American friend whose Birthday was near Christmas. As soon as I had told him he reached up and produced 2 different cards, I picked the best one, well I thought it was the best then turned to him and told him that the Gentleman next to me also had a problem but before he could turn to him I asked him if there was somewhere where I could write a message also the address, he told me to use the Counter. So off I went but to be honest it was busy and I had great difficulty in writing, to add to the pressure the envelope was red. As I do not have perfect vision I find it hard to write on anything except white. In between being moved the lady at the Counter saw I was struggling so I told her that my sight was not as good as I would like. She looked at me and just said "Cataracts" I nodded then she told me something that I know, she said she had worked in an Optician's in Nottingham and many were sent the Opthalmist for referral and nearly all had left feeling disappointed because they had been sent a directive many months before instructing the Opthalmist only to refer them to have the operation when they were very ripe so she told me I had no chance unless I went private and then she told me it would happen very quickly.
 So obviously I have no chance for when I went to have my eyes examined for glaucoma the man who tested them told me that the cataracts were not that bad. It reminded me of my new dentures that are hopeless, the Dental Surgeon does not have to wear them and the man who tested my eyes has no idea how well or poor I can see.  So much for the NHS.
 So it is off to the Surgery tomorrow morning to have my blood test. More soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment