Tuesday 11 April 2017

Card

Thhese are the last of the Bramley cooking apples that I picked from my tree late last year.

These are my potatoes I set in the greenhouse in early January. They are in bud.
A view of my tomato plants that I planted in the greenhouse about 2 weeks ago.
I went to get my money today also I took a Birthday card for my Sister in Scotland who is suffering from Dementia, I guess I am getting forgetful for I bought the card back home although I went inside the Post Office. I guess I was more interested in the new £ coin which one of the lasses showed me one and asked if I had an old one to swap, I had so I swapped for a new coin.                                      
It was when I got back home I realised that I had forgotten to post the card, so as it was a decent morning I decided to walk into the village to post the card. It was pleasant enough and as I walked to the Post Box I passed a couple of people and we greeted each other with a good morning. I guess it is a little less than 1/2 a mile to the Post Box I posted the card and set off back to my home. I had not gone that far when an elderly Man was messing around with his LPG connection. He greeted me and I commented that the LPG prices had increased. He told me he didn't know, I told him that Calor had informed me that the price increase would be in early April. He told me he was with Atlas, not that it is called that but before the take over several years ago that is what it was called. He then asked me how much I was paying, I told him that the next delivery would be £100. He exclaimed £100!! but I told him that was for 2 bottles. He then told me he was paying £54 for one bottle but he was told someone had gone for a bottle and was charged even more. He asked me what I was paying before the increase. I told him £92. He looked at me then told me that I must be a good regular customer. I agreed with him and told him I had been with them several years. He then told me he was having trouble with the pressure and that his connections were probably at fault but a new 4 way connection would cost £100. I did notice that his connections were very old and looked as if they could do with replacing. He then told me he would get someone in to look at it. Wil that I bade him good day and left. All I thought was that Calor had been fair with me, remember that just before Christmas when the last increase was issued I was one of the fortunate ones that that increase didn't happen with me so although it is a lot to pay for LPG it could be a lot worse. More soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment