Thursday 27 April 2017

Approaching Holiday

With this week end being another long week end with the May Day Holiday being next Monday the weather forecast does tell us that it will gradually get warmer. These last few days have been cold with overnight frosts. I have been covering my early potatoes up each night but the forecast for this night says it will not be quite as cold. This doesn't surprise me as today has been dull with occasional light rain.
 My mate called yesterday and I gave him a few onion sets, some Freesia corms and half a bag of potatoes. I don't think he was enthusiastic about the potatoes but the day before I went to the local store and bought 1/2 a bag of potatoes. As I don't eat a lot I thought I would give him half the bag especially as almost certainly will not eat all of them. Hopefully my new potatoes will be ready in about a month's time. My mate eats lots of potatoes and I presume they will not last him much longer than 10 days or so.
With the rain we have had it will help him sowing the onion sets, although it is getting late in the year to sow them, they will catch up and as he eats lots of onions they will come in handy.
 I don't know if I will go to have my haircut tomorrow, it all depends on the weather and how I feel. If I don't go it will have to be next Tuesday  as Monday is a Holiday.
 On Saturday the lad will be here and I have planned that we will fit the gutter guards on the roof facing the main road. With the little rain we have had the gutter will be nice and clean so it should not be a hard job. I only hope that the weather will be a little warmer than it has been here these last few days. On no occasion has the temperature reached double figures and this is towards the end of April. I look forward to May. More soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment