Tuesday 2 May 2017

Very Late



I am a little late posting this but my Best pal called with his Wife and I gave him a demonstratio with the Phillips Air Fryer and how to easy clean it after cooking the chips. It is thanks to my mate that I have one because he told me all about it then found a second hand one and to be honest although I don't use it much it is a great thing to have. In fact my Best Pal's Wife told me they only used oven chips but she didn't enjoy them at all but ate these chips with a great deal of joy.
 As you can see I dug up a couple of roots of New potatoes up on Saturday. The lad came to help me with the gutter guards and although he did next to nothing he was a good help holding the mesh for me while I fitted it in the gutter. With the gutter guards came some fixing pins but they were far too long to use. I was satisfied at how the mesh fitted anyway.
Now to the potatoes. I had promised the lad a taste of new potatoes so dug up a couple of roots out of my greenhouse. I set them in the second week of January and although they had grown tall I didn't expect many on them so I was surprised at the amount of potatoes I had. Well over  2.1/2 lbs. To convert it well over a kilo. In fact it did us on Saturday with the lad having plenty for he loves potatoes and I have just finished them today having eating them each day since Saturday. By the way they scraped very very easy it was a joy to scrape them.
 The lad called to see my Pal and his Wife as he hadn't seen them for several months. He said he had been to Skegness to go to swimming he loves swimming he said the water was not too warm but he enjoyed it anyway.
By the time my Pal and his Wife and eaten the chips I made them it was well past their time to go and I was late having my teatime meal. All the same it was nice to see them once more. I hadn't seen his Wife this year so far. I gave her a variegated everlasting wallflower a cutting that I took earlier this year. By the way she gave me a couple a few years ago but one died and I just managed to save a cutting of the other one which  died soon after. They are easy to take cuttings though and she was pleased with the healthy flowering plant I gave her.
I canned at Lidl this morning and as I had planned it I went to check to see if the dental Surgeon who was rude to me had retired for I expected him to carry on working. The receptionist informed me that he was still working and would be staying on. With tat I asked her to cancel my appointment with him. She was quite taken aback and asked if there was something wrong. I told her he had been rude to me and dismissive of my concerns as to my lower dentures and told me there was nothing wrong with them and had to get used to them. She was apologetic and suggested that I see another dental Surgeon  but told me it would not be the same day as the original date for  a routine inspection. I told her that this was fine so she booked me in for the middle of June so I will wait and see what this Dental Surgeon has to say about my lower dentures. More soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment