Thursday 4 May 2017

Windy washing day

Today I decided to change my bed linen including my throwover, not a sensible thing to do as the winds over these last few days have been very strong, but with the sun putting in an appearance for the first time in a few days I went for it.
 With the new washing machine the throwover with the sheets, pillowcases and pyjamas the washer made light work of it.
 With the winds being so strong I expected them to dry well, unfortunately when I looked out I could see that some of the washing had been blown off the line. With the weather being so dry at least the sheets didn't pick up any soil or dirt at all.
 This morning with the sun shining I looked over at the lad's garden. I had given him a small piece of netting and noticed he had tried to protect some of his garden so with that in mind I went and found another roll of netting for him.
 As he finishes work early on a Monday and Thursday I looked out for him soon after 2.45.pm. I explained to him that as I hadn't much time I would go with him right away to reset some of the onion sets then cover them up with the netting. He agreed so we went round to his place, I picked up several bricks and told him to get some water so that we could water where the onion sets would be rest so as to give them some sort of a start. It took about 20 minutes in all and of course he had to show his tomatoes which look nice.
 The carer had washing hanging out on the line but I noticed that 3 items had blown off the line but as it is covered in grass they would do no harm at all. I thought it was not just me that had been caught out with the very strong winds.
 heaven alone knows when we will get some appreciable rain. I have plenty of plants ready to be planted out but my garden is like concrete so if we don't get rain in the next 2 weeks I fear most of my plants in pots will not be able to be transferred into the garden. More soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment