Tuesday 16 May 2017

Extra

I have been meaning to mention this for a while but as I get older I forget much more often.
 It will soon be time to take cuttings, this is a cheap way of propagating. It was my Italian Pal that told me this and he gave me some rose tree cuttings. He had noticed the neighbour had cut some of his roses down and left the cuttings. My Pal gathered some up and stuck them in some compost. All that he put in the compost grew and were true to form. In other words they wer just the same as the parent plant. I have tried it and found it was true. So anyone reading this blog and wishes to expand their rose bed then you now know just what to do.
 I must say don't take very young cuttings but more nature cuttings, I can guarantee they will root. It will certainly save many pounds as the Garden Centres charge a large amount for young Rose bushes. More, a little later than tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment