Tuesday 23 May 2017

There's nothing wrong with me


These 2 photos show how much the polytunnel does affect the growth of the plants. As you can see there are a few strawberries which the lad came round and ate  them he told me they were very nice. The other photo shows how high the Little Marvel peas grow, they are well over 4 feet tall.
 Now for a progress report on the bib and brace overalls. I found the place easy enough although the place was a little cramped. There were 2 cars parked on a small piece there was also a very small front garden. Her Husband was out in the garden and met me he knocked on the door and out came the Seamstress. She invited me in and asked me to remove my shoes, not that they had any dirt on at all but I did as requested, then it was in to her place of work. It was a long narrow place which she told me it was originally  a Conservatory. I showed her the bib and brace and she informed me there would not be a problem but told me that she sourced the material from Germany but added that it was good material.
 Then it was her health that she began to talk about, this took about 20 minutes, I began to feel much better. It was then her Parents, her Mother was in a Nursing Home and her Father who was 85 lived alone in a rented property and that when they eventually died almost certainly they would move back to Nottingham, that is where her Parents lived. They originally came to live at the Coast because it was nice and flat. It was next her Husband, h, she let me know was 10 years older than her and had to wait until he was 66 to retire she than said that she was 50 in a few weeks time.
 It seems ages that I was there, mainly because of the conversation but eventually I told her I had to be going, I did spend another 10  minutes with the Couple out in the small front garden which he was tending.
 I left to go to the Surgery to make an appointment for a Blood test, this was straight forward as I have my own forms for the Hospital. When I left the surgery I went to the Public Car Park, there is a bottle bank, I had taken an empty coffee jar. As I drove up the roadway I notice an old Lady struggling so when I pulled in I asked her if I could help. She asked me if I didn't mind putting the 2 brandy bottles in the bottle bank for her, She added that she had 2 tots of Brandy every night and measured it because she had to be careful for she was on medication. I just said to her that we all were on some sort of medication but we must ignore how much we were on as much as possible. She agreed and told me that she had to make an effort to get out of the Caravan so that she didn't get fed up of seeing the same walls. I must admit she was I guess in the late 80s, she also had walking aids too as it looked as if she had hip problems. She thanked me for assisting her and I told her it was no problem at all. With that I got into my car and drived home realising that I was nowhere near as bad as some are. In fact it made me feel better.
 By the way the Seamstress let me know that the bib and brace, a couple would not be ready until late September at the earliest. She charges £15 an hour which in tody's market is not that bad really. More soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment