Tuesday 4 April 2017

Riot of colour


With the sun eventually shining here and the weather being a lot warmer, I think you will agree that my garden looks fine but it didn't last for we have not seen much sun these last few days and although the forecast is for little or no rain, the sun will be at a premium these next few days.                          
The lad came round the other day so I went to see his garden. Prior to me going round I did venture to look at what was going on as there was a lot of activity but noticed that a path had been dug and concreted from the Pigeon Loft  but I didn't know where it finished. I guessed it would go to the patio doors. Wrong!! as I walked round to see his garden I was shocked to see that his little flower garden had been concreted. I was also a little sad and angry for I had planted for him a few nice plants including a geum, scabious, lavender and several polyanthus plus a marigold and snap dragon. I remarked that I was disappointed that his flower garden had vanished and he told me he was a little disappointed too. Off we went to his garden, he had sown his broad beans previously decided to alter the place where his tomatoes would go. They are now facing North and I told him that although the sun would not shine so much on his tomatoes they would still ripen. I took the tomato plants from the pots and showed him how to set them. He does not have  subtlety with his hands but tries hard  and made a decent job of it. We then went to his little vegetable garden, I had originally told him that whatever he grew it was for them all. With that in mind I had taken 3 seed potatoes, first earlies for him to set, also I gave him my last 3 shallots which he managed to set without any help from me. He is used to sowing shallots. I then dug 3 holes about 3" deep and told him to drop the seed potatoes in and cover them up showing him the space that I had given each potato. I had originally told him that he would also sow carrot and beetroot seeds but I told him that as the carers had removed his flower garden I would, if he agreed sow things just for him. I suggested that we would sow spring onions and a few Little gem lettuce I told him that the radish seeds I gave him could be sown anytime as they were easy to germinate. If however they were too old then I would give him more to sow. He then told me with the new Tablet he has it does not have any photos of my car on it so I told him I would clean it on Monday so that he could take photos anytime.
 Yesterday I decided to use a no wash spray which cleans the car without any water at all. I don't think for one minute it would clean a really dirty car but as mine was relatively clean I went out yesterday afternoon. The sun was breaking through and was shining a little. I started to spray one side of the car then started to wipe it off. To be honest I found it too hard for me but I persevered. When I finally finished I was buggered and sat in the car for a rest. I will admit though that  the car was as clean as it had ever been.
 Soon after the lad was dropped off the bus and came to see it. He was impressed and asked me if he could come round a little later to take some photos. Naturally I told him that it was fine for him to do that. About 25  minutes later he came round, I moved the car into the sun and he took about 10 photos including the engine compartment. Now all he has to do is find out how he can download from his Tablet but he told me he was going to a shop in Skegness to see if he wants an attachment.
 Tomorrow my mate is coming, I was pleasantly surprised for we normally talk on a Saturday but this saturday I had no reply from him but he rang late Sunday tea time. The week before he had been under the weather so I was getting a little concerned about his health but he is fine now. So we will have a good old chat, also calling much later will be Sainsbury, it is the last discount but I have done well taking all the discounts available for me 5 in all. £18 off my first £60 order than £10 off the remaining 4 orders of £50. I will use them but only occasionally not every 2 weeks which the discount vouchers were sent and had to be used within the 2 week period. I think you could miss one but you would lose that one but still have the remaining 3 to use but I used them all. I have ordered a delivery for around 6.00pm for £1 which suits me fine. More soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment