Thursday 30 March 2017

Travelling.

Yesterday I went to Grantham, in general to see my Sisters as my eldest Sister has a Birthday on Sunday. On the way I listened to the radio and just before 8.00am. the weather forecast was on. The weatherman stated that apart from the occasional light rian or drizzle it would be predominately dry. No soon er had he said that when the heavens open up and very heavy rain lasted about 20 minutes and on the Sleaford By Pass the traffic was as slow as I have seen it but it did stop raining as I approached Grantham.
 I called at Morrison's and managed to get a couple of small Herrings. When I was young it was one of the cheapest fish available and plentiful too.
 I went to Boots as I had a £20 voucher to spend courtesy of AA. for my roadside assistance. I thought that boots was expensive but it must be remembered I don't call at Chemists very often.
 Then it was off to fill up with fuel 31.5 litres of petrol which isn't bad as it would be before Christmas last year when I last filled up and the price was good £112.7 a litre just the same as the Shop and filling Station at the Village between here and Alford which is a great surprise. I wonder how long they will keep the prices so keen.
 Off I went to my youngest Sister's place. She greeted me with the news that her Husband would not be here to see me and my Eldest Sister was finding it hard to walk as she has hip problems so would not be calling to see me. She then told me that she was taking her to Lincoln Hospital in the afternoon for an update on her Bowel cancer, she then told me she was going into Hospital next week but hoped to be out of Hospital at the week end. Naturally I told he I would ring to see how things were next Sunday.
I guess that is one of the joys of getting older. My other Sister who lives in Scotland has memory problems to be honest I think she has dementia. It seems to run in the family as my Aunt had Dementia. I guess there is not a lot to look forward to then. To be honest I live in a dream world doing what I want to do.
 Today with the weather being warm I first decided to get the fruit cage covered which I did taking about 40 minutes which I was pleased with. This afternoon I did  a little more digging of the raised bed where the runner beans will go, also did a little where the peas will be sown. I also notice that if all goes well I will have a few more plums this year but I'm not holding my breath. More soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment