Tuesday 21 March 2017

Pleasant Surprise

Yesterday morning while it was raining I had a phone call, it was from my Best pal who had come down to get his Tourer Caravan in situ and ready for the coming season.
 Around 2.30pm. the usual time he arrived. To be honest he looked a lot better than he did last time I saw him in October last year. Naturally we had a good old talk and as always the time flew. He told me that he was only staying for a couple of days, mind you it didn't surprise me as in the late afternoon the rain relented and the sun began to put in an appearance but it turned very cold. In any caravan when it is cold outside it is cold in the van.
 All too soon the time came for him to get back to his Wife telling me he would be down before too long.
 I later covered the tomato plants I have in the greenhouse because it talked of a frost however I don't think we had a frost although when I looked at the thermometer it showed the outside temperature was 3.5c.
 I went down to the Surgery which is about 3 miles maximum to put in my repeat prescription. I did notice that the outside temperature had risen to 6c. This was a little before 9.00am.
 later in the morning I decided to plant my seed potatoes, the earlies only. I do have a few late varieties called Maris Piper, those especially selected by the Fish Shops for they make the best chips.
 As I now have an Air Fryer I set aside 6 potatoes for me to set some time in April or early May.
 My broccoli is coming on but this cold weather will set it back a little,I have had a taste the other day but this year it is slow to come to production. After that it will be about 2 months before I will be able to pick my own vegetables. More soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment