Tuesday 28 March 2017

No lapse in memory

On Friday morning soon after I rose I checked to see if I had in fact omitted to tick all the boxes in my repeat medication. I have 3 pages so naturally I thought perhaps I had missed a page but according to the next repeat prescription I had in fact ordered the medications. So off I went soon after 9.00am. to the Chemist who delivers my prescription.
 Entering the Chemists shop I was met by a pleasant lass who asked if she could help. I, naturally told her I hoped she could and explained that I had a delivery the day before but 3 items were missing. I showed her the next repeat prescription. Off she went and i could see her wandering from place to place but after about 3 minutes she came back with the news that the Medical Centre who issues the repeat prescriptions had sent the repeat medications in 2 separate sheets, she added that this does happen occasionally. Anyway I was relieved and she told me that if I wished to take a seat she would get the remaining items for me.
  Whilst I was waiting several customers came for prescriptions and each time they were asked to give the address on the medication. Eventually a lady who was not english came to me with my medication, I guessed she was the pharmacist, she asked me to confirm my address. I then pointed out to her that it was on the packages that she was giving me. She smiled and wished me to have a nice day. Incidentally I went with a spare bag because I knew that the packages would be  a rather bulky item  and was easier to carry in a bag.
 This morning I went to pay my credit card and get my pension. I could see the lass behind the counter counting out my money and could see some brand new £1 coins. As my eyesight is not perfect I asked her if the £1 coins were the new sort. She told me that they were indeed new but they had a date of 2015. I presume that the mint is using those just to say they were in circulation but what a waste. So no new coins in circulation here yet.
 Tomorrow I intend to go to Grantham to see my Sisters, my eldest Sister has her Birthday on April 2nd. she is just over 4 years older than me so she does very well. No doubt I will get to know the latest news when I get there. It will also give the car a decent run for since I get the car on September 2nd. I have only managed to do less than 700 miles and have not filled up with fuel since I went over to Grantham in December last year. I must admit that the fuel gauge will be less than 1/4 full when I get to the filling station in Grantham. More soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment