Thursday 16 March 2017

Hose pipe



With a lovely day yesterday I took these photos in the morning. If one enlarges the photos it is just possible to see the Czar plum tree is beginning to get ready.
 My mate called yesterday and bought 50 metres of hose pipe, he had a problem fitting the end of the hose to the tap, but as usual he will not be beaten and was eventually successful. As soon as he arrived I took him round next door to see if my fence was in a reasonable state. He confirmed that it was. The next port of call was the greenhouse where I had the pane of glass slip down to the ground. I asked him how he would have managed to get the pane back in it's place. It made me feel good for he told me he would have done just what I had done, the only thing different was that he would have tried to put some washing up liquid to make the pane move up easier. He then told me that how I had kept the window pane in place by putting screws in the wood and leaving them proud was an ideal situation. He suggested that I do the remaining windows so that they will not slip.
 Today I decided to try and finish off the power wash the paths but at first I had great difficulty in getting the water to flow but after about 5 minutes of coaxing the water eventually started to flow. After an hour which the time flew I stopped to get my dinner ready and immediately after my meal I was outside continuing the cleaning. It took a lot of messing about but eventually finished soon after 2.30.pm.
 When I got inside I noticed that the bottoms of my overalls and trousers were soaked. I checked my socks and shoes they also were wet through so apart from the shoes they will be dried and then in the washing machine ready to be washed hopefully on Sunday. Anyway the cleaning of my paths has now been completed. More soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment