Thursday 6 April 2017

Glue

My mate called yesterday and as usual he put me right on a few things. I asked him to set the glue gun up so that I could put a glue barrier on my fruit trees.
 Today I decided to go and put a barrier of glue on the trees. Oh dear!! what a palaver. First the nozzle was too small to let the glue flow, something that I noticed after I had finished the work. Secondly with the nozzle being small it made the gun very hard to work. If my mate had been here he would have sorted it out in no time but he wasn't. The more I tried to get the glue to flow the more I managed to get glue everywhere but in the right place. After about an hour I decided to call it a day. Mind you my hands were covered in glue and it spread to the gun. I tried to clean toe gun up but after a few minutes I thought it was easier to dispose of the whole lot. I will only use grease from now on.
 It took a further 20 minutes or so to get rid of the glue, well most of it from my hands.
  I was sitting down just finishing my meal when the door bell rang. It was just 5.00.pm. I went to the door and saw Sainsbury's driver standing there. I mentioned to him that he was early as the time was between 5.30.pm. and 6.30.pm. He asked me if it was alright to call early as I had told him before if he was running early then deliver to me. I told him that was fine and suited me. I had only booked a later time because my mate, who I didn't expect to get here rung me up to say he was available. I certainly wouldn't have him disturbed by a delivery. Incidentally I had a complete delivery with no exceptions, only the second time I have had that. Incidentally this is the final time I get a discount. It has worked out each of the last 4 deliveries  at a discount of 17%. I am well satisfied with the quality of the products too but from now I will only order occasionally say once a month or so. Sainsbusy's did offer me  free delivery for the next 12 months but I have declined as I will not use their services that often. I did get a leg of Lamb for £7 a kilo instead of £8 a kilo. The leg cost me just over £10 which I thought was a good buy. I will cook it tomorrow. More soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment