Thursday 15 December 2011

Continuation

I must admit that I had 3 pleasant guys working to get me installed with Solar Power.
First of all was the lads who fitted the panels to the roof. I guess they were on piecework because they worked so fast. the next day the electrician was not so organised at all but knew his job. He told me he had been an electrician for about 18 years. He wanted me to be with him all the time. Just as well really as he kept losing his tools. I managed to keep things going well. He told me he was getting paid a set amount for the job no matter how long it took. He also told me he was a twin and that his Brother had just got a regular job so he was on his own doing the electrics for the first time. He told me that it was his job to fit the inverter and his Brother did the downstairs work connecting the system to the mains board and siting and fixing the meter for the generation of solar power. He did the inverter well and told me that this was the first time he had worked on a bungalow, he loved it. In my loft my Mate had fitted boards which had been on offer several years ago at B&Q. This was about 2 metres wide so it was great for him to work. Although I had alight fitted, I took a lantern battery with me and it proved to be very useful.
Then it was downstairs to the cupboard where the power unit was. It was ideal because all he had to do to connect to my board was to thread a cable almost directly straight down from the inverter. He had to make up to isolation boxes up and also wire up the meter. All of these tings take time and as he had to travel a long way to get to me he didn't start much before 1.00pm. It was dark before he had completed but assured me that he was confident the system would work. Thank goodness it did. To be honest, as I am east/west and have a large house to my south I will not make much electricity for I guess the next 2 months. I then hope that my system will start to produce an ever greater amount of electricity for the next few months reaching it's peak late June. I will keep a keen eye on what I am producing but have told my mate that if I produce 20kw. hours in the next 4 weeks I will be satisfied. More soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment