Wednesday 14 December 2011

so busy

Since investigating the solar Power situation I have been so busy. To be honest the phone has rung so often it is unbelievable.
I had decided to have a survey and a very nice man came to see me. I had agreed in principle to go for the system with some provisos. It was arranged that he would call the following Monday to finalise matters.
Out of the blue I had a call asking me if I had everything arranged. I told him I had. He told me he was pleased that I managed to get the price before the reduction of the tariff on December 12th. I told him that I had not and did not think it possible as there were only a few days left. He immediately informed me that he could get me a system up and running but I had to be quick.
He asked me a few questions and asked me to take photos of my bungalow. I sent them to his web site and he phoned me up with a firm date. He told me to cancel my other arrangements and very soon the panels would be fitted to the roof.
Before 8.00am. a couple of young men arrived. I don't normally get up too early but this morning I went and opened the gates so I was just about ready for them. As this was a very quick job, they did not bother with scaffolding but just got on with the job. Thank goodness it was frost free and dry, not too windy either. I could not believe it but they had finished the fitting of the solar panels in less than 3 hours.
The next day the electrician came and managed to get it all done. Now whether I have managed to register in time, only time will tell. I did ring British Gas up to check that they had my application in time, the man told me it had and after a quick check, told me that he THOUGHT I should be alright, but as there had been a rush of over 15000 applications I would not hear anything for about 2 weeks. So I will not know exactly how things stand for a couple of weeks or so, unless I am one of the first ones to receive notification. More soon

No comments:

Post a Comment