Friday 23 December 2011

Sorted

Well! I at last have managed to get sorted with Comet.
For several days I have sent a few e-mails and also had a phone call. This woman from Comet informed me that I should ring the manufacturer up as they had an arrangement that if anything was wrong with the product within the first 28 days, the manufacturer would put it right.
What they wanted me to do was rediculous so I checked myinformation booklet and as I thought did not need to persue that avenue.
Eventually last night I contacted Comet yet again and informed them that what arrangements were made between them and the manufacturer was no concern of mine. Comet was the seller and I was the buyer. I then went on to say that I wished to have a refund as the goods that they sold me were not fit for purpose and not of merchantable quality. I would therefore like a full refund and also would they make arrangements to pick up the said T.V.
I received a reply this morning saying they were sorry and someone would be contacting me with the time of picking up the T.V and arranging the refund.
True to their word, I received a phone call this afternoon and on Thursday morning 29th, December I should have the T.V removed and the money back in my account.
To be honest, I could have done without all of this hassle as on Tuesday morning I was at Hospital. Not good news though about one medication that has been so beneficial to me. So much so that I have felt confident about staying out of hospital. Anyway, I have been a little under the weather so on Thursday morning I went to make an appointment to see a Doctor. When I go in to see him, incidentally he was a hippy looking type of young octor. He was friendly though and I told him that I thought I had a touch of tonsillitis. He examined me then told me I had not got tonsillitis but had a virus of the larynx. He then looked at my medical chart, smiled and said you are 74 and only on 6 different medications a day but I like you because you came in smiling and happy. Mind you he said, most of the people are like that. It is the rich people that are a miserable lot. He gave me a prescription wished me a Happy Christmas shook my hand then I left with him following me. He then told me that this was not his regular place of work. Mapplethorpe was. The spray to be honest did not do much yesterday but today I think it has helped. Mind you I will live O.K.
As Christmas approaches and the weather is not good for producing electricity with the Solar Panels I will only say that so far I have produced about 10kw. hours. I don't expect to produce much at all for the next month. To be honest I think it will be the Spring Equinox before I will see much benefit.
Finally Seasons Greetings to anyone who bothers to read this and may 2012 bring all you desire. I will not blog for a few days now. So more, not quite so soon.

1 comment:

  1. Yikes! You are TV-less!

    I don't understand why the retailer didn't just replace the TV and have someone at your home to set it up and ensure that it was working properly.

    I'm not surprised the manufacturer or distributor gave you a hard time. They don't really care spit about the end users of their products. But they do want their retailers to be satisfied because they are their direct customers and order in volume.

    I'm sure your retailer could return multiple units for credit without a problem. That's why I don't understand their attitude.

    ReplyDelete