Tuesday 20 November 2012

Back to normal

Back to November weather. Today has been a very very dull day with early rain, not what the local weatherman forecast but it's what we got.
 Yesterday I saw the young man who has had solar panels fitted. I asked him if he had everything sorted. He told me he had just turned on the computer and was going to scan the details to E-on who I presume is his electricity provider.
 They have night storage heaters installed, they were there when they moved in and of course they are very expensive to run. They also have 3 phase electricity. This was installed by the builder who originally planned to live in the property but finances forced him to sell the property. I was lucky because someone told me that his hobby was to tune up noisy cars in his double garage, that is why he wanted 3 phase as he would be using plenty of electricity.
 Anyway the guy next door has a 5kw. system fitted, well he thinks that is what it is. He is still waiting for the papers to confirm what he has actually got.
 One thing that is still there is the scaffolding. It has been at his home for a week and when I enquired just how long it was going to be there, the answer was that hopefully by next week it should be removed. I just remarked that the scaffolding work must be a little slack  for the lot to be left there for well over a week. Normally it is taken down as soon as there is no more need for the scaffolding.
 I hope that he has registered so that he can start producing electricity. According to my mate, he should get around 16 pence per kw for the first 16 kw. Thereafter the tariff reduces to around 10p per kw for the remainder he produces each day. They have relaxed some of the rules but tightened on others. The guarantee is now for 20 years where it used to be 25. The exported electricity has also been altered, now it is around 4.3p where it used to be 3.2p. Still he has a useful system and he should save a little on his annual consumption of electricity. Mind you not on today's production. I produced almost zero. Still better days will be here again. Not for the next couple of months though for me, but I am happy at what I have produced and that is the main thing. More soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment