Thursday 15 November 2012

Better day

Contrary to all the weathermen, today turned out to be a far better day than anyone expected. Yesterday was sunny in London so it was thought that everyone had a nice day. Here was a dreadfully dull dank dreary November day although it was not cold.
  The big house next door has these last few days been a hive of activity. First scaffolding was erected on Monday and the vehicle which bought the scaffolding had on it advertising PVC stuff  Conservatories and such, I naturally thought they were having soffits and facia boards fitted because it is rather hard to paint them. I was completely wrong. I saw the youg man in the garden so I asked him whether he was having PVC fitted. He told me that he was having Solar Panels fitted and as he had just sold his old property he could not afford to have them fitted before but assured me that he had beaten the latest deadline for the tarriff the Government pays. There are 20 panels in all and although he had not got all the information yet as soon as he had he would let me know. Yesterday the fitters came and fitted the Solar Panels but I haven't seen him to enquire as to if the system is up and running. I hope so because he would have produced a few kilowatts of electricity.
 As for me, being in the situation I am, almost blocked out by their big house I can not produce 2 kilowatts but I knew this and to be honest I am very happy at what I have produced this year. It will improve once again in the spring.
 My year ends at the end of the month. Well not exactly as it was the 12th. December when I started to produce electricity but British Gas, they are the Company who I chose to pay me for me electricity, sent me e-mails a little earlier these last 2 quarters. I presume that was because there was a huge influx of applications to get registered before the deadline of December last year. Now my final quarter ends on 30th November but I will not have had the system in for a year but that will make no difference. It is that I will go now from December 1st to the end of February, March until the end of May. June till the end of August and September to the end of November. These next 3 months will be very poor for me but as I have said, I am pleased at what I have produced.
 Now finally to the little teaser.
 "The quick brown Fox jumped over the lazy Dogs."
 I am assured that the sentance although not  absolutely grammatically correct has every letter in the alphabet  in it. A little bit of useless information.
  More soon.

1 comment:

  1. I very much enjoy your blog, Daydreamer (though, as you can see, I'm a little bit behind at the moment).

    Concerning "The quick brown Fox jumped over the lazy Dogs" -- the sentence (which is perfectly correct grammatically, by the way) does indeed contain every letter of the alphabet: I believe it was once used to test typewriters. But it was usually in the slightly shorter form: "The quick brown fox jumps over the lazy dog" (saves two letters!).

    And there's another, even shorter sentence using all of the letters of the alphabet at least once: "Pack my box with five dozen liquor jugs"...

    ReplyDelete