Monday 26 November 2012

New Potatoes

Nothing much has been happening lately but as one knows the weather has been dreadful lately.
 We here are lucky, yes we have had lots of rain but at least no flooding.
 The other morning it was dry so we had an overnight frost. In the polytunnel I had a few potatoes growing. I had obviously missed them early in the spring. Easy to do at my age. Anyway, the frost had caught the tops so I decided to dig them up to see if there were any potatoes on them. I was surprised because I managed to get enough for two meals. They scraped beautifully too. Mind you I don't go mad on new potatoes. They are nice as a treat but am glad when I can peel them and use them as a mature potato. I also managed to find a small sprig of mint, so all in all was satisfied with the outcome.
 Recently I noticed that my sitting room was getting all steamed up. I do have the central heating turned down on the radiator there. I never sit out there in the winter because it is always on the cool side. This time however I noticed that the radiator was not getting warm at all so I turned it on full, made no difference so I rung my mate up telling him that I thought it was the pump. I also went online and it said that if a radiator upstairs in a home started to keep cool then it was probably the pump. Anyway he will hopefully be here next week to fix the problem.
 On Wednesday afternoon I will be having my electricity meter changed. I had a call reminding me of the visit today. I then have plans to go to see my Sisters in Grantham on Thursday so this week is fairly busy for me.
 I als gave my FIT reading for my Solar on Thursday last week. Heaven alone knows what goes on at British Gas. My first years installation does not occur until December 10th. So I don't know exactly what I will have produced until that day. I was informed that I should phone in or e-mail my reading every 3 months. So much for every 3 months. More soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment