Thursday 8 November 2012

More Insurance news

This morning I went online just to see if I had received any mail. To be honest it is rare for me to get much mail.
 This morning I did receive mail and whilst I was reading it I noticed an advert for Moneysupermarket for Motor Insurance.
 Last year late they sent me a quote which was about the same I as had paid. Well I decided to give it a go. As they held my details I didn't have to fill everything again. Eventually I received several quotes, all very reasonable. I noticed that one quote was from the Company that I am insured with. Whilst I was perusing the prices I heard the letterbox go so went to check mail. True to form, all mail was from Insurance Companies including my Insurer. I opened the envelope with some relish expecting a reasonable price. To my horror, the quote was for over £50 higher than the offer I had been given on the web. Well there is a freephone number so I called them.
 What a palaver, I don't know how many options there are but eventually I managed to talk to a representative. He also asked several questions then we got to business. I asked him why my renewal was for over £200 when I had been offered on the web a deal   saving over £50. He then asked me if I could retrieve it. I told him it would take a few minutes as I had to turn on my computer. After a minute or so I managed to access my mail. I read the offer out to him. He then asked me to go and save the offer. I queeried this and he then said that this would go back to their office but it would take about 2 hours. I asked if he could call me back and verify the offer had been received but he informed me that he was not allowed to call out but if he was not busy he would ring me.
 About 2 hours later I once again turned on the computer opened my mail because I had  an unread mail in my box.
 It was from my Insurer stating that although I had NOT saved the offer they would resubmit the offer to me.
 Once again I was on the phone, that's right. Going through the same tedious routine. A different guy this time. I explained all what had happened. He then told me that they had indeed received my saved offer. I asked him what was to happen. He told me that if things were the same they would match the web offer but would have to transfer me to another department. That was fine to me for it was costing me nothing.
 I didn't have to wait long but once again questions. Eventually he told me that according to what he could see, nothing different was offered to what was being offered with my renewal so they would match the offer on the web. The bonus was that because I had bought it, well would have done, I would get a courtesy car for 14 days if I had an accident free of any extra cost. Well worth the hassle so anyway I paid there and then. Now I wait for replacement documents. More soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment