Wednesday 28 November 2012

Alarm bells

Yesterday I went online and saw that a local Supermarket named Lidl had some meat on offer. So off I went. I arrived early, it was great because hardly anyone was in the store. Mind you, there was not the selection of meat available. It was though, the last day the meat was on offer. I managed to get some legs of pork joints. I  bought a few other items and went to the checkout. I duly paid for my goods and picked up a couple of leaflets. Then the alarm went off. Well it was a screetching sound really. Anyway the man on the till asked me to go back to see him. He told me that it was to stop people from trying to go out of the store without paying and usually when it is put though the scanner the sensor was disabled but this time it had not happened. He took a couple of these things off and told me that if it went off again to just carry on walking.
 Sure enough it happened again. One woman who was near me told me that she had a similar thing happen to her.
 Later today I had a call from the man who was going to change my meter. In fact yesterday I also had a telephone call, this was an automated call reminding me that the engineer would be calling today.
 He was a very pleasant young man from the Lincoln area. He told me that the manufacturer was paying for all these meters to be changed as there was some fault with them. It was something to do with the display.
 We had a cup of coffee after and he told me he was married to a Brazillian woman and he had been to Brazil a couple of times. The whole operation took about 35 minutes so now I have a brand new meter, some are reconditioned but not this one, so he said.
 Tomorrow I plan to go to see my Sisters at Grantham so I hope the the weather will be kind to me. More soon.

1 comment:

  1. Those alarms go off improperly so often, at so many stores, - could be the cashier not scanning correctly or the sensors at the exits too sensitive. I hate it whenever that happens. But, I've always been waived on my way.

    Incidentally, our Supermarkets always give a 'rain-check' when they run out of sale items, so you can buy the product at the sale price at a later time when it is available.

    ReplyDelete