Tuesday 18 December 2012

Barbers

Yesterday I decided to go to the Barbers to get my haircut, as I walked to his shop I saw a window cleaner I knew. Well I knew his Father very well. We had a few words and as I walked on I noticed that there was a Charity Shop almost next to the Barbers.
 In I went and there was a young Lass I guess in her late teens. She had a young child in a push chair. He was nice and clean and seemed to be well cared for. He would be nearing 1 year old.
  This young lass was talking and I only caught some of the conversation. The Hairdresser told her that if she had toothache she shoud go and have it seen to as an emergency. She then told him she also had ear ache.
 Then she started to mention what had happened on Sunday night. There had been a stabbing but couldn't say much about it also a shop window was broken. The hairdresser asked her who had been stabbed but she told him she had no idea but some shopkeepers were taking names. Then she just said "I puled last night". I thought all she was interested in was to get laid.
 A few minutes later she left the shop whereupon the Hairdresser stated that she had told him she can't get a regular guy. He told us that he could give one reason and that was she never stopped talking at all and he only could do with her in small doses. I remarked that although she had ear ache and toothache it didn't seem to stop her jaws from working. Laughter was then heard.
 Eventually I had my haircut and he shook my hand and wished me Seasonal Greetings. I then proceeded to look into the Charity Shop window. There was a grotty looking wrist watch displayed. I thought it looked a cheap rubbishy watch. Then I noticed the tag on it. £10.00 no battery hence the price.  Heaven alone knows what price they would have asked if it was in full working order.
 I always thought Charity Shops were supposed to be reasonably cheap places. I wouldn't have gave the watch a second glance had it been £5.00 and if it had been working properly Oh well! Perhaps it is me getting old. More soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment