Friday 7 December 2012

Typical

It is typical that one's central heating goes on the blink when the weather is very cold.
 So it was that yesterday morning I awoke to find a covering of snow and it did not get above freezing until late afternoon.
 Thank goodness my mate came over to get the heating going properly, this was arranged well over a week ago.
 He did all of the work, all I did was to be a sort of nuisance odd job man. He had to spend quite a while in the loft, it was, of course very cold up there. He just told me that it proved the loft insulation was working properly. It should as I have the recommended 10" of insulation. He had to bleed the system which took quite some time as air locks seem to get into the system. We stopped for dinner(lunch to the posh folk) but we finally got the whole lot working just before 1.30pm. He stayed for another 30 minutes to make sure that all was well and he left for home. Thank goodness that the roads did not get worse, if anything they improved a little.
 I got up this morning and sure enough the heating is once again working properly, thanks to my mate.
 He remarked on the scaffolding that is still on the house next door. It has been there for getting on for a month. As he said, scaffolding work is a bit thin on the ground. It wouldn't do for me as it makes their home much darker.  More soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment