Thursday 13 December 2012

Strange

Yesterday morning I had a telephone call from my local Surgery. I immediately thought there was something wrong because I had my annual urine test but also my blood test.
  To my surprise, it was the receptionist requesting me to contact LLoyds Chemist. They deliver my medication for me. Well I tried to ring them well over  a dozen times, each time the line was engaged. So I decided to go to LLoyds  myself, it is only about 3 miles away.
 When I arrived, immediately before me was a woman she just beat me to it  but she wanted something that they hadn't got so then it was me. I introduced myself. I told them my locl surgery had asked me to contact them but trying to get through was impossible. I was then informed that unfortunately the computer had failed. I just told the lass, incidentally had never seen before to give me my medication and I would be on my way.
 Unfortunately this was not possible as prescriptions could not be made up.
 I then asked her where the others were. She told me that she was new and the other girls had left. As for the Chemist, she was on a course and the delivery man no longer worked there. I told her  I didn't want to know the details.
 This afternoon I had my prescriptions delivered. The man told me he had come from Grimsby. He told me he was on zero hours contract. What that means I have no idea but he told me that the man that worked there left rather quickly. I felt sorry for him because he told me he knew nothing of the area at all. He had tried to phone me but all he got was an unobtainable note on his mobile. I told him he must enter the area code as well as the local number. He thanked me and told me that would help him a lot. As he was leaving he told me that he had originally been informed he would not be needed until early January next year so he had decided to do some decorating. No sooner had he started when a phone call told him he was needed in this area for the next 3 days. He had travelled this morning 30 miles so I guess something went wrong with the original driver. I guess I wil nere know.  More soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment