Wednesday 13 March 2013

Getting worse

My arithmetic is getting worse. yesterday I wrote that with damson stones having 5 would work out a rich man and I said 10 would do the same. of course it wouldn't there were a categories so to get to a rich man the second time would mean one would have to collect 13 stones. That is now sorted.
 I know I am up from the country. That is what my Mother used to say to people who wasn't aware of the daily goings on. Well I am definitely one of those.
 I have seen people go into the Post Office and while I was waiting to collect my pension some people would go to the counter and ask for several numbers.
 Well the other day I had cause to go to a shop and while the transaction was being processed I had to wait for several minutes. to be honest, I quite enjoyed every minute there, almost every customer 2was happy and talkative despite the dreadful weather. Anyway this woman came in and we passed pleasantries and she asked the lady behind the counter for  numbers 2 4 7 and 9. The assistant just said "The usual is it". The lady just concurred. When the assistant passed the cards over I could see what they were. I just said to the woman that I had no idea as to what folks were doing. I had seen people ask for these numbers or a few would point to the place where they wished the ticket to be taken from. The woman was quite talkative and explained all to me. She also told me that she bought them regular but theses last couple of weeks had won next to nothing. before that she told me she did very well. She then told me that what she did was to get home, check to see if she had won anything. Then would collect her winnings when she got hard up.. She was very pleased to give me all the information and seemed  happy to give me the information. She was rather surprised though that I knew nothing of the system. I guess I live a very sheltered life. More soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment