Tuesday 5 March 2013

Weather

Apart from last Saturday which was nice and sunny but cold the weather has been poor. Today was supposed to be fine, sunn6y and warm. not a bit of it here. I woke to find it very foggy and frosty. The fog lifted a little around 8.30am but as I had to go to the dentist at 11.10am I didn't take a lot of notice but as I got ready to go out about 10.30am the fog was once again thickening up. I arrived at my Dental surgeon at 11.10am and duly had a routine inspection. £17.50 for less than 5 minutes in the chair and they say the National Health is losing money. Upon leaving I called to get a little food and made my way back home. Main headlights were on most cars and I noticed that the outside temperature according to my motor was just 3c. This was about 11.30am. The weather didn't improve much at all and as it grew dark it seemed to get ever foggier. They say that the weather will break down and get unsettled I am waiting for this because it can't be much worse than it has been this year so far.
 Yesterday I had a man call to see me about some work I wanted to have done. He told me during a lot of talk that he had looked for a daffodil  for St. David's Day. He was Welsh I think by his accent. he told me that he normally could pinch(yes pinch) a daffodil  but this year he hasn't seen a daffodil in flower at all so far.
 I asked him if he had noticed the fields of Winter Wheat. He told me he had. To be honest it is a long time since I have seen such a poor looking crop. If things don't soon pick up, once again we will be in serious trouble with food costs.
 My snowdrops are now just in flower, they should have been more or less done by now.
 The weather man is just on about the differing temperatures. Here in Lincolnshire and parts of Yorkshire had a dreadful day but London had a fantastic day and many parts had a lovely day. Maybe it will be our turn before too long to have some warm weather. We are certainly due for some.
 Finally my Dental Surgeon remarked that this winter had been a bad one. Not for the volume of snow, last year he was blocked in for a couple of days. This year he told me the icy roads were a big problem. He also agredd with me that the farmers fields of Wheat were looking very poor indeed. More soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment