Wednesday 27 February 2013

Bits and bobs

today we had some sunshine, the first time we saw the sun for a week, it was refreshing to see it. It made me go out and do a little gardening but to be honest, the ground is not quite dry enough to do much digging.
 I ordered some gardening gear and yesterday it came by post. In it was a surprise gift of a few packets of seeds. 5 in all to be precise. One of them were Turnip seeds. That bought back to me a few years ago, probably well over 10 to be more honest. It was my Mother who saw some turnips in a local Supermarket. She told me she wanted some, I tried to put her off but she insisted she wanted them. I did manage to get her to only have a few.
 The next week when I went over to see her, she admitted to me that as a child she liked turnips but now she didn't enjoy them at all.
 This morning I saw the Postman and asked if he would like them as I had no use for them at all. He has a very very large garden. He asked me if I had any other seeds from the Company. I told him I had cress, cauliflower carrots and raddish besides those turnips. Anyway he took them and will grow them but I will not ask him for a turnip at all.
 Yesterday in my T.V. paper there was a supplement  selling all sorts and one was a USB stick which plugs into the Computer and then through the Internet you can access thousands of radio and T.V. programmes. I noticed that it needed an operating system of Windows XP Vista  and  Windows 7. No mention of 8 so I went online and sure enough it looks as if Windows 8 does not support this. It was the same with my ISP when it came to setting up my mail. It too didn't support it. I only hope that Windows 8 is an awful more successful than Vista which to be honest was a bit of a disappointment.
 Still we can't have everything a little sun  today but the forecast is not that brilliant though and it doesn't talk of it getting much warmer and on Friday we are into March. Roll on Spring. More soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment