Thursday 7 February 2013

Too early

Well I guess I was far too early in setting some seeds. Although my broad beans are up and looking well aso my peas I sent in the guttering are thriving they are more or less at a standstill. mind you I am not surprised at all because the weather along the East Coast has not been good at all. Tghis morning was a classic example overnight sleet and snow froze and the paths were treacherous. I will not go out in such weather and it was not until just after 11.00am that the ice started to go. It did in the sun, My solar panels were covered  in icy frozen snow until around 10.30.am. Unfortunately soon after the sun went in and all we saw was a little hazy sun at times. I know this year is much worse for solar production as I am well down on last years figures. I only check my solar generated once a week and check it on last years generated figures. At no stage this year have I reached the weekly target I attained last year. I am not complaining though as it did far better than I had expected last year.
 Ont thine that the experts say that is totally wrong is that even on the dullest of days you will still get some solar production. Last year I had one day where I did nothing, this year I have had around four days at zero.
 To cap it all, my mate who has a good south facing system did in fact have one day where he produced NOTHING at all. He was so disappointed, all I told him is now he knows how I felt when I had my first zero.
 Still we are now into February and the mornings are finally getting lighter and the evenings, when it is not snowing are light until near 5.00pm.
 I don't know if it is the weather but Wilco has had very few seed potatoes this year and they were very late indeed. My mate has been calling regular since early January when the assistants kept telling him thay would soon be in.
 My Pal who live in Chesterfield told me that he bought his seed potatoes from B&Q in early January. I bet he has not set them yet though. More soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment