Wednesday 20 February 2013

I'm getting forgetful

I can't believe that it is Wednesday already this week and I haven't written a thing.
 Today my mate came and bought me some seed potatoes, naturally I gave him some to set in his garden. He would never buy any for himself. But to be honest there was plenty for me to set which I did set my Arran Pilot as soon as he went home. I like to get them in a little earlier than this to be honest. They are not outside but in my polytunnel and greenhouse, so there is some protection from this poor weather we have had this winter.
 Also today came a parcel of trees which I hadn';t expected, yes I had an e-mail informing me that they had been dispatched but the e-mail was not sent to me until this morning. They were well wrapped up so after I had undone them I let them soak in water for some time, in fact a couple are still in soak tonight.
 I did plant 2 of them though, now tomorrow or the next day I expect more plants and another tree so I will be fully employed for a day or so.
 My mate bought my watch back, we still can't believe just how much they wish to charge for a repair, mind you my mate has also told me that Car Park charges are going up in East Lindsey by about 25% this season.
I certainly am pleased that I have retired because I am sure this will affect the businesses in Skegness and Mablethorpe. Time will tell.
 Next week we are into March and I don't know if it is me but I think this winter has been a dull cold affair. Normally we get a short spell of mild weather but not this year. The good thing is that this last week has been dry although the ground is still sodden. I wanted to plant my broad bean plants out but the soil is still too wet. Maybe another week or so then hopefully the weather will improve.
 My mate did manage to remove some of the apps from Windows 8 but he agreed with me that to turn off the computer is a bind and once you are into apps it is not easy to leave them. I did tell him that the term for all the apps is menus. I heard that on Argos shopping channel. The man also said that tower computers are very rare now as all seem to go on these Lap Tops this is so that they can move from room to room. Once again no thought is given to us old folk who need a screen large enough to see. Well I do as I have poor eyesight. More soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment