Thursday 21 February 2013

Meter reading

This morning I gave my meter reading for solar power, obviously it was not good at all.
  I did learn something though. Each quarter my Fit (Feed in Tariff) provider send me an e-mail requesting me to send my readings. To be honest they sent e-mails a little early actually after12 weeks. I naturally thought hey wished the readings immediately so I complied.
 This morning I informed the guy on the other end of the telephone that last year it had in my quarter the first 2 weeks in March which was far better than the last week in November and the first 2 weeks in December.
 He then informed me that I could phone in my readings at any stage after receiving the e-mail. He told me that if I wished I could read it only once a year. So now I will read my meter every 13 weeks.
 It is funny how you find out these things.
 these last couple of days has been very cold indeed. In fact this afternoon I went to plant out my Broad Bean plants as they have been in their pots for well over a month. Altogether there were about 48 plants and after planting them my hands were frozen. So much so that after I washed them in warm water they were swollen.
  I also bout more fruit trees as I had no apples at all last year, only a hand full of cherries but a few more plums. I also have bought a Peach Tree. Don't expect any fruit from them this year but hopefully next year will reward me with some tasty fruit.
 I also bought some Cambridge Favourite Strawberries. As I have a machine that makes slightly frozen fruit  into a sort of Ice Cream, I thought strawberries would add to bananas, plums and any other fruit you can freeze. I think Cherries once I have stoned them will be very nice. Mind you stoning them will be a bit of a chore.
  Let's hope the weather gets warmer soon it seems to ba a long winter. More soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment