Wednesday 6 February 2013

Forgetful

I guess that I am getting forgetful as these last two days has seen me forget to write on my blog.
 To be candid, I have spent many hours trying to find thing on this Windows 8 computer and have not even come near to mastering it yet.
 The other day I inserted a C.D. It took me ages to find where it was and when I finally found out and displayed the contents, it informed me that the C.D. was corrupt. Nonsense really as it had worked perfectly well in the old computer, However I did erase the C.D reformat it and then put something on and that works perfectly well. These things are sent to try us.
 the other week I asked my mate if there was a jellers who repaired watches in his Town. He told me that there was a place who took in repairs but they sent them away to be reapired but first there would be a price before the repair was done.
 I had a Seiko automatic and it had a certain sentimental value but it wanted cleaning as it would only go for a while then stop. Also the glass was a little scratched.
 I explained all this to my mate nad he duly took it to the said jewellers and she told him that the estimate of the repair would be back in about a week.
 The other day he rung me and asked if I was sitting down. I knew what was coming but didn't quite expect the price to be as much.
 The cost was over £50. My mate immedfiately responded by saying that you could by another automatic for less than the repair. The woman assistant readily agreed. My mate then told me that he had taken a watch he had himself to get it repaired but as soon as she told him the cost of mine decided to keep his in his pocket.
 Looking online, watches are so cheap thesedays it makes one wonder how these watchmakers/repairers make a living. More soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment