Wednesday 20 March 2013

We must not complain

The budget today gave no huge surprises but spare a thought for those Cypriots. The EEC decided that all Bank deposits would have a levy of some of their savings. Thank goodness though the Government rejected the proposals. this though threw up more trouble because the Banks were closed. I must say that many folks would be struggling because the Banks have been closed since last Friday and it has been suggested that they will remain closed until at least next Tuesday, I wonder what would happen here if a similar situation arose. I guess there would be civil unrest.
 On Monday my mate and I went out on a mission. I decided that I would use my car and it was proposed that he would drive. When I arrived at his home he asked me if I was insured for any driver. I told him I was not. As he has only a motorcycle he is not insured to drive any car. He can drive his Partner's car as she has him on her policy.
 It was no big deal so I drove. One thing was sure I would find out just how much the mpg would be and there would be no excuse as it would be me driving. My mate found the cheapest fuel for the motor so I calculated the mpg and it was around 63mpg. A little disappointing but as I only do short journeys I suppose that was to be expected. Upon returning my car was filled up again and when I got home I checked the fuel and distance and worked it out. To my surprise I found that the mpg worked out at over 75mpg. I certainly didn't economise at all and on the motorways I was doing around 70mph.
 As I said my mate found the cheapest garage to fill up my car. Believe it or not, fuel, I have a diesel car, is here at 149.9p a litre. There it was 142.9p a litre. 7p difference, that equates to well over 30p a gallon dearer here. Scandalous, I don't know why fuel can not be more equal throughout the country as it is grossly unfair to penalise us motorists who need a motor living in the country. More soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment