Tuesday 10 September 2013

Poor weather

Yesterday we had a huge clap of thunder  soon after 5.30pm. You could see it coming for about 2 hours prior to it arriving. Heavy rain and then after the loud clap of thunder, we lost power for some time.
 Today has been a cool dreadful day, very dull, wet and windy for most of the day.
 yesterday I had to go to the Surgery for a Blood Test. I have my B.P. checked at the same time.
 Unusually the place was almost full. there were a couple of Nurses come out and announce that something to do with warfarin, the monitoring machine was playing up and there would be a delay. If anyone wished to cancel and re book for tomorrow, that would be fine.
 Whether it affected my Blood test, I had no idea but  my appointment was for 9.30am. but it was around 9.50am. when she called me in. Whilst I was waiting I saw a notice stating that there was an injection for people aged 70-79 to prevent shingles. As I have had shingles, and it isn't pleasant I decided I would have an injection.
 When I saw the Nurse S. I know her very well she told me she had no information on the vaccine at all. She had hardly finished when there was a knock on the door, another Nurse asked her to go and assist her. S. just looked at me and said that was short and sweet today. We normally have a good old natter. Next time I hope.
 Off I went to the receptionist to book a shingles jab. She told me she knew nothing about it, one of the assistants in the office heard me and told the receptionist that she would deal with it.
 she came out into the waiting room and asked me discreetly how old I was. With confidence I told her I was right in the middle of the 70-79 group and I was 76. She then told me I was not eligible as it was only for those aged wither 790 or 79. I started to laugh, I thought she was pulling my leg but I could see she was serious. She showed my the leaflet and told me that they were not issuing them at all because it was causing confusion.
 What she asked me next surprised me. She asked me if I had my pneumonia injection. I told her I had and this was about 6 years ago and was told at that time that I must not have another one at all. She then told me that after about 10 years, you have to go and get another injection. She then went on to my page on the computer, told me that it hadn't been flagged up so I was not due for another pneumonia jab yet. the last thing she told me was that the Government may be bringing different ages in next year. Perhaps 71-78. What a performance I thought. I couldn't believe it. More soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment