Monday 30 September 2013

Work completed.

On Saturday morning I went as usual to let the chickens out. I noticed the water trough or whatever it is called was leaking water all over the place. It was his Father who filled it up last time, thank goodness it was doing the same as my filling seemed to do.
 IT would be about 10.30am. when I ventured out next door, I noticed that he car had been moved and some washing was out so I knew someone would be around.
 I went back to get the garage key and the eggs, 36 in all and took them round to the Lady She told me she had a present for me but she couldn't find it. I told her I didn't expect or want anything but it was nice of her to think about me.
 About 45 minutes later her Husband came round with the present, a posh Disney mug. Unfortunately it is so posh with the design that it is not microwave and dishwasher compatible.  I then took him to show what I wanted to be done, some trees cut down, not that they are large but there are well over 18 altogether.
 I told him about the water, he then told me that it was a little awkward to fill the reservoir up, so that eased my mind.
 I then told him I had met his Parents, a nice couple and his Father seemed to know about chickens. He told me that his Father had kept chickens years ago. I told him that I was a little disappointed at the quantity of eggs I got, he told me his Father had looked and found 19 eggs in a heap in the chicken run. I told him that he did say that he thought there would be some eggs being laid out of the hut. It didn't surprise me as the chicken poo was getting to be all over the place. At one time I told him I went into the run and picked as much straw as |I could and place it where the chickens generally laid their eggs. I think it helped a little because the last day I managed to collect 7 eggs.
 Well that is it for another year I presume. More soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment