Monday 23 September 2013

Reinstated.

Late Friday afternoon, well just before 5.00pm. to be more precise the doorbell rang and it was the woman from next door.
 She asked me if it would be possible to let the chickens out each morning for a week and then for so many days could I also shut them in at night.
 I told her that it would be much easier for all if I just let them out in the morning, checked that they had sufficient food and water and then shut them up at night.
 As I had never shut them in at night I wondered just how easy it was. I rung my mate and asked him as he had chickens as a youngster.
 He told me that they mad3e their way in when it got dusk.
 Well, I went out just before dusk and all 14 were out scratching away. I waited for a few minutes but then decided to go back to mine and wait a little longer.
 Another 15 minutes passed and it was well dusk so off I went again.
 I stayed well clear and gradually in they went all bar one. There has to be the odd one that is different to the rest.
 Eventually it went and perched on the entrance, so I hurried in and pushed the chicken inside and closes the coops  and made them secure.
 About 7.30am. this morning I went and let them out. They were certainly ready for me to let them out.
 I had checked to see that there was sufficient food and water for them so I went back to mine to get my breakfast.
 Around 11.00am. I went to see if there were any eggs. I think there were 5 altogether, not a lot considering there are 14 chickens. While I was taking the eggs to put in a tray in the garage a car drew up. I wondered who that could be. It turned out to be her Husband's Parents. They come down each day to feed the pigeons. We had a chat for about 5 minutes then off I went.
 As is my want, I go and see if they are alright in the afternoon.  Another 2 eggs I stayed there for about 10 minutes then I came back home.
The final journey to next door should be around 7.30pm. to shut them up for the night.
 Pleased the weather has been nice so far, don't want to go round in pouring rain. More soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment