Monday 12 May 2014

Fencing

This morning I arose early as I generally do when it is light early in the morning.
 I decided to open the driveway gates because several weeks ago I had John the fence man come and give me a price for erecting fencing panels at the end of my garden. As I had heard nothing from him, I expected him to be here.
 Soon after 8.00am. I saw a form of a person going by my door. I was a little surprised and opened my door to see that John and his assistant had arrived, just as well I had opened the gates. Anyway I asked him if he wished to have a cuppa which I knew he would not refuse.
 He started to get the things up the top of the garden while I made the tea. After a quick drink they started. The weather was kind to them because when they had finished the heaven opened up more or less constant for the next 4 hours.
 They finished just as it started to rain, lightly for a start but soon after they left it was dreadful. Most of my garden was full of puddles. The ditch at the end of my garden has now got water in it. Most unusual  but we really have had a lot of heavy rain lately.
 It was my intention to take a photo of the fencing but it has really been too wet.
 I managed to catch young Tim who lived next door, to tell him that the fencing had been done but he mustn't come round the rear as it was muddy. He told me he noticed my driveway gates were open when he was going to work.
 Tomorrow we will take stock of the situation as I notice that the fencing is not flush to the ground so some chicken wire will be required to deter the rabbits. More soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment