Thursday 1 May 2014

More shopping

I called at the local Supermarket and made my way to the Deli counter. The lady was on hand, the one I generally see and I asked her if her Husband had been busy over the Easter period. She told me that it had been good but not quite as good as last Easter.
 I finished my shopping and made my way to the check out. A nice lady was on the till and she put a few things in bags for me. I thanked her for being so good. When she told me how much I owed I just remarked I would make sure I was on her till next time. With that a complete stranger called out that I had made her day. It was a female voice and she made sure plenty heard her.
 Off I went to Lidl and as is the norm, there was a queue at the check out. They hardly ever have enough on the check outs.
 The Woman in front of me put her shopping basket down and I remarked that this was a good idea. We then got talking and after a while she told me she had been at Citizen's Advice yesterday from 9.00am. until 11.20am. just to see an Advisor. She then told me the reason why she was there. She told me her Husband had died around 6 months ago and had left her a sum of about £10.000 and that Inland Revenue wanted to know where the money had come from. By this time we were moving nearer the check out. She then opened  he handbag and showed me a folder telling me that this is what Citizen's Advice had requested her to take to them today. She told me she hoped that it would not take as long as yesterday to see one of the Advisers.
She would probably told me more but it was then her turn to the check out.
 The weather here for these last few days have been very poor. Not much sun at all, plenty of low cloud blowing off the cold North Sea. Once it gets into that quarter it is reluctant to move much until the next quarter. Still we live in hopes and it sounds as if the weather will be nice for the May Bank Holiday week end, we may pay for it on Friday as some frost is forecast. I will be out covering up my tender plants. More soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment