Wednesday 28 May 2014

Rain and more rain

At least my feet are beginning to reduce the swelling, this is because I have not taken any of the medication that actually caused the swelling. I know that the dosage was reduced but I wish to get my legs and feet back to some sort of normality before I take anymore.
 With the Bank Holiday over the weather has turned dreadful. The initial forecast over the week end was not good but to be honest it was quite good although the easterly wind made it somewhat a little cooler.
 On Monday I decided to paint the new fence panels because it did forecast bad weather and sure enough on Tuesday it was a dreadful day with heavy rain and strong winds . Today has been similar with the rain being a lot less heavy and this afternoon drying up somewhat although the wind is perhaps a little stronger. It is also cold for the time of year. My central heating coming on both mornings.
 I decided to have a walk in the garden, the winds have battered my flowers and broad beans are looking a sorry state. In many places my ground is waterlogged especially around my new potatoes. I only hope that it soon dries up or I am afraid my potatoes will rot in the ground.
 I have managed to have my first taste of peas out of my polytunnel also I have picked some strawberries too. With the recent rains the carrot seeds I planted a while ago have started to germinate so perhaps I will get a decent row.
 It looks as if I will not have a great crop of cherries, to be honest I am not bothered as they are not easy to pick and I give most of them away and I don't think those I give them to don't appreciate the hard work it takes.
 Plums are looking plentiful and my apples too are looking promising. We must now wait for better weather to be with us. Not tomorrow though as it is forecast another day without any sun at all, plenty of rain again but hopefully a little less wind although still from the east.
 The man next door was going to lay more slabs this week but the weather has stopped him in his tracks. Still we mustn't complain too much, think of the parents of the schoolchildren who are on half term holiday this week. More soon.

2 comments:

  1. Just wanted to let you know how much I enjoy reading your blog. I look forward always to reading your adventures.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi K. Thanks for those kind words I am happy someone bothers to read them. It certainly keeps me going. As you can guess I get a lot of pleasure from my garden.

      Delete